Effective date: October 18, 2019
MyVABenefits ("us", "we", or "our") operates the MyVABenefits mobile application (hereinafter referred to as the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We do not capture, use or process any personal data. Your diagnosis and treatment data that you enter into the app remain on your device and is only accessible by you. Your data is stored securely in an encrypted database on your device.
- Service - Service is the MyVABenefits mobile application operated by MyVABenefits
- Personal Data - Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data - Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies - Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Information Collection and Use
We do not collect, use or process any data you enter into the app. Your diagnosis and treatment data remain on your device and is only accessible by you. Your data is stored securely in an encrypted database on your device.
Types of Data Collected
- Usage Data - When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically such as operating system version, the type of device and other diagnostic data ("Usage Data"). We do not collect ip addresses or mobile device unique ids.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
Use of Data
MyVABenefits uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Disclosure Of Data
MyVABenefits does not collect personal data and therefore cannot disclose Personal Data to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of MyVABenefits
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your diagnostic and usage Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties do not have access to your Personal Data because the app does not collect personal data
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect analytic information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our support website.